5 Best Synths For EDM In 2020
It's a new year and everyone is looking for better sound, So we checked out all the VSTs and asked our producers whos using what and how it is working for them.
These are the best VST/AU synths for EDM Production in 2020.
1 ReFX Nexus 3
- Fully backward compatible with Nexus1 and Nexus2
- All your expansions will continue to work
- Completely new, flat, scaleable, vector-based UI
- Faster, bigger, better in every way
- Improved CPU performance by up to 94%
- Improved preset loading times, up to 8x faster than NEXUS2
- All arps and trance gates of all layers are fully accessible and editable
- The arpeggiator has a new sequencer mode to play chords and other complex patterns
- The arpeggiator has up to 256 steps
- More than 350 new, custom-designed presets
- More than 80 new impulse responses
2.N.I Massive X
NEXT-GENERATION FLAGSHIP SYNTHESIZER
- Immaculate sound and complete sonic freedom for advanced sound design
- Create with a new level of dynamic, shifting sound, with truly flexible routing and extensive modulation
- Based on the DNA of MASSIVE, built for a new decade and designed to evolve
Rethought, rewired, and reincarnated – MASSIVE X is the successor to an iconic synthesizer that helped spawn entire genres. Get everything you need to create any sound imaginable. Quickly patch complex routings to bring your ideas to life – no matter how far-out they might seem – and take things further than you thought you could with expressive, playable modulation. Think it up, dial it in, and define what the future sounds like.
MASSIVE X will grow, adapt, and evolve with regular free updates – both inspired by and inspire the cultures it helps to create.
3. Reveal Sound Spire VST
Spire Synthesizer - the combination of best opportunities of software and hardware synthesizers
Over 900 factory presets including complex arpeggios and bass sequences,
a versatile assortment of leads, exhilarating pads, plucks, drums and FXs.
With X-Comp (Multiband Compressor) and 3-band EQ, 4x Macros, 4x Envelopes, 4x LFOs with morphing shapes,
15x Matrix slots each equipped with 2x sources and 4x targets.
FX - Shaper/Decimator, Phaser/Vowel, Chorus/Flanger, Delay, Reverb
4. Vengeance Producer Suite - VPS Avenger
Meet our new alpha and omega of synthesis: Vengeance Producer Suite Avenger is here! The most versatile and best sounding synth you will ever encounter. There is nothing VPS Avenger can't do, it offers you tons of features and a gigantic growing library from some of the best sound designers on this planet.
- VST / PC & Intel Mac VST / AU & AAX - runs in all compatible hosts
- 64 Bit and VST3 standard (64Bit is required!)
- over 930 factory presets
- 620 multi-samples
- 218 special samples (attacks, noises)
- 154 resampler waves
- 168 drumkits, 168 drum sequences
- 596 wavetables
- 219 granular samples
- thousands of OSC shapes (waveforms) available
- 30 fx types (incl. analog chorus, Reverb, Phaser etc. from ArtsAcoustic)
- 47 Filter types
- up to 1000 playing OSCs with one note possible
- resampling/wavetable generator built-in
- freeform OSCs. Draw your own waveforms
- alias-free OSCs, Wavetables, FM and AM modulation
- powerful and easy drag and drop mod matrix
- resizable vectorized GUI (4k ready)
- undo feature
- comfortable preset search system/tag cloud
- 8 arps, drum sequencer, 8 step seq, 18 envelope generators
- 16 individually routable sub outs into your DAW's mixer
- macro controllers assigned in each preset, for quick sound changes
- external midi controllers and pedals support
- free routable fx busses and send effects
- customizable lfos, 4 shaper modules (distortion units on OSC level)
- many unison features: chorder and our own invented "V-Saw" supersaw
- key- and velocity zones
- import your own (multi)samples, drums, wavetables or OSC waveforms
- MIDI learn function (connect your external MIDI gear with Avenger)
5. Xfer Serum
The dream synthesizer did not seem to exist: a wavetable synthesizer with a truly high-quality sound, visual and creative workflow-oriented interface to make creating and altering sounds fun instead of tedious, and the ability to “go deep” when desired - to create/import/edit/morph wavetables, and manipulate these on playback in real-time.
Effects rack with 10 effects modules lets you get your sound all the way to the finish line inside Serum. Effects can be re-ordered to any configuration you want. Virtually all effect parameters are also available as modulation destinations. This is especially useful in monophonic synth sounds. For example, apply an LFO to control reverb size or dry/wet, or velocity to control distortion amount. Many of these effects and modes were built just for Serum, so there are many unique effects to choose from, such as Hyper, which simulates (additional) unison amounts, or a dual-waveshaper which allows for a distortion you can morph between two separate wave shapes.
Serum comes with over 450 presets, 144 wavetables.
Available as VST, AU, AAX 64bit.
That's it for now, hope it will help you to choose your right sound this year
Check out our Sample Packs